Evolving from Diversity to Inclusion: Using Neuroscience to Turn Good Intentions into Impactful Action
Diversity has been a goal, an initiative, and a buzzword for decades, but few individuals or organizations have seen as much impact as they’d like from their efforts. Recent research makes the reasons for that clear: realizing the benefits of diversity is impossible without an equally dedicated effort toward inclusion (diversity’s practical application).
Unfortunately, when faced with real-world inclusion scenarios, even well-intentioned leaders can fall back on bad habits. But with a more developed understanding of inherent biases, coaches can help clients guard against exclusivity and set themselves on the true path to inclusion.Show Full Event Details
This 60-minute session will explore:
- Inclusion: what is it, and what are the barriers to achieving it
- The triggers that send diversity-positive leaders running from inclusion – and how to be proactive about overcoming them
- The common traits of leaders best equipped to foster a diverse and inclusive environment
- Tactics for increasing inclusivity
Join Tricia Naddaff, MRG President, to move beyond the tired assumptions around diversity and discover the practical tactics for building a truly inclusive environment.Hide Event Details
Moving from Developmental to Directional: Coaching Senior Executives for Lasting Change
Developmental conversations are critical for short-term change, but when it comes to reaching long-term goals, traditional leadership development practices can come up short.
To support an executive in their commitment to lasting, impactful change or the achievement of major, lifelong goals, coaches must dig deeper to examine the core drivers – usually subconscious – that have steered the client to their current path. Further, you must help your client uncover whether these deep-seeded drivers are helping or hindering their ability to achieve their goals, and support them in making any changes required of them.
Such broad and deeply personal conversations can be challenging, but with the right tools, they can lead to your most impactful and rewarding engagements.Show Full Event Details
In this 60-minute session, we will explore the concepts you must understand in order to take your coaching of senior executives to greater depths, including:
- Strategies for achieving long-term goals rather than quick wins
- Opening up the conversation to include an individual’s personal, as well as professional, motivations
- The benefits of a directional approach in support of a developmental approach
- Supporting the client as they challenge themselves, recognize internal contradictions, and question their own assumptions
- Selecting and understanding the assessment tools available for exploring personal drivers
Join MRG’s David Ringwood to explore how you can broaden the coaching conversation with senior executives to support them in making choices that will have a lasting, life-long impact.Hide Event Details
Making Mindsets Malleable: Supporting Shifts in Perspective that Unlock Transformative Development
Mindsets are the belief systems that each individual holds, influencing their thoughts, actions and words in both the personal and professional realms. Just as a mindset the influences positive momentum can support development, a constraining mindset can hinder it.
The good news: mindsets may be deeply rooted, but they are not unchangeable. Developing the self-awareness to recognize one’s own mindset is challenging, but it’s critical to stimulate lasting, meaningful growth.Show Full Event Details
This 60-minute session will give you the tools to:
- Understand what a mindset is and how it impacts behavior and reinforces itself
- Assess and uncover aspects of a client’s mindset that could be hindering development
- Begin the conversation about considering a change to personal mindset
- Support clients in shifting and developing their mindsets to create positive momentum
Join Tricia Naddaff, MRG President, for a stimulating one-hour session filled with practical strategies that will broaden your coaching toolkit.Hide Event Details